Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm no longer surprised by God...

It's true, I'm not surprised by God. You're only surprised when you don't trust something or someone or whenever you're unsure about how a situation might turn out. I do trust God and I believe He is looking out for me in ways I can't even begin to imagine. So again I say to you I am not surprised by him. However I am absolutely amazed by Him on quite a regular basis these days. As Beth and I continue our preperations for moving to the international mission field in Budapest, Hungary I see God doing things and can't help but smile in amazement. I want to take the next few days and tell you a few stories that have happened to us over the past few days, weeks, and months. For those of you struggling with my 'not being surprised by God', consider this: you tune in to watch Lebron James play basketball and he scores 25 points. If you are surprised then you're certainly not a basketball fan. I mean he plays in the NBA, he's one of the best players in the world, and possibly one of the best all time. Scoring points is what he does and it does not surprise me. It is the way he does it that amazes me, and I'm not alone. ESPN regularly has a clip of him in their Top Ten daily high lights. Again I am not surprised by God, but I am completely and entirely amazed by Him. Check back soon to see where I'm going.

No comments: